DARRYL BUTLER, Web DESIGNER
My approach to professional web design is an extension of my training and experience in traditional graphic design.
I believe that excellent design is based upon:
- respect for client input and desired business outcomes
- creative thinking directed by a meaningful purpose
- focussing on identified target market(s)
- developing concepts that clearly communicate key messages
- creating distinctive finished products
- enhancing practical user-interaction
- motivating decision-making and actions
- balancing any existing 'brand equity' within new design directions; and
- creating a balance between aesthetics and functionality
My business focus is creating Small Websites for Small Business™.
I'm passionate about working with solo operators and microbusiness, and more recently have been working a lot with community service organisations and not-for-profit organisations.
My studio, Itchybrain Productions® services Canberra and the Sapphire Coast, Australia (from Bermagui in the north, through Tathra, Bega, Merimbula, Pambula, and Eden in the south).
I range between Canberra and the Sapphire Coast each week, and can usually arrange for a personal meeting the first week after our initial contact.
Feel free to contact me for more information about Itchybrain Productions, or to discuss your project.
Prior to the invention of the Web and its eventual public face in the early 90s, my background experience and formal training was in fine art and graphic design.
I graduated with a B.A. Graphic Design - with distinction, from Charles Sturt University (Riverina), in 1991.
As a professional, I went on to work as an awarded graphic designer—both nationally and internationally—in the print medium, and eventually multimedia and the web.
Learning in a variety of workplaces ranging from government to private business, I have also grown and managed my own successful design businesses.
This background has provided me with a blend of traditional and modern techniques, creating a versatile approach to visual communication and web design—with a practical understanding of client business concerns.