Website - ALL-IN-ONE
$8000 to $12000 plus GST
One of the most affordable and efficient ways to develop a powerful all-in-one website is to lease a hosted solution—a method called software-as-a-service (SAAS), rather than software-as-a-boxed-product. A SAAS solution is a centralised service—built, supported and hosted by the original developer, not by your individual web designer/developer.
Merging 5 key areas into one offering
I use the Adobe Business Catalyst system for most all-in-one sites that I build, as it has a tremendous range of functionality while being very economical to host.
The Business Catalyst system integrates five major areas of functionality:
- Content Management System (CMS)
- eCommerce Online Store
- eMail Marketing/Mailing List/Newsletter system
- Customer Relationship Database (CRM)
- Statistics and Analytics
Without the integration provided by Business Catalyst these five major areas of functionality are usually sourced from different suppliers, and can create a hodge-podge of interfaces, passwords and systems that don't always integrate so well.
Business Catalyst allows a single login to all this functionality, all managed within the one simple interface, with an astounding amount of documentation, training, ad support options.
Huge range of functionalityIn addition to the five major areas of functionality, Business Catalyst includes:
- News and Announcements
- Event Booking System and Calendar (owner is author, not customer)
- Advertisement Rotation
- Testimonials Database
- Secure pages for ‘member’ subscribers
- Image Galleries
- Ability for multiple staff roles/logins
- Site search
- Site map
- Ability to make your own forms and surveys
- Blogs (ability for both public and private)
- Forums (ability for both public and private)
- FAQs (searchable database)
- Email accounts
- Web Apps (ability to make custom web databases and applications)
- RSS Feeds (ability for users to collect summaries within their RSS aggregator)
- SMS Notifications (ability to send notifications from the website to a user’s mobile phone).
Examples of websites I have built using Adobe Business Catalyst: