Darryl Butler—Freelance Web Designer
My approach to professional web design is an extension of my training and experience in traditional graphic design.
I completed a B.A. Graphic Design, graduating with Distinction in 1991, Charles Sturt University (Riverina), and went on to work in Canberra as a graphic designer.
In 1994 I began making websites, and found that I really enjoyed the balancing of the visual communication aspect with the functionality of software and interfaces.
Since then I have founded and operated 2 successful small businesses: co-founding Swell Design Group in 1997, and after selling my shares to my business partners in 2002 I started Itchybrain Productions™ as a solo venture.
I believe that excellent design is based upon:
- respect for client input and desired business outcomes
- creative thinking directed by a meaningful purpose
- focusing on identified target market(s)
- developing concepts that clearly communicate key messages
- creating distinctive finished products
- enhancing practical user-interaction
- motivating decision-making and actions
- balancing any existing ‘brand equity’ within new design directions; and
- creating a balance between aesthetics and functionality
I’m passionate about working with solo operators and microbusiness, and more recently have been working a lot with community service organisations and not-for-profit organisations.
I also love working as a freelance subcontractor, partnering in a team of people associated with web and app design.
Itchybrain Productions™ services a geographic area between the Sapphire Coast, Canberra and Albury-Wodonga, but I also work remotely with clients in Melbourne and Sydney.
Feel free to contact me for more information about Darryl Butler Itchybrain Productions™, or to discuss your next project.