The price for a website varies in the same way the price varies for motor vehicles or houses. Like these and other commodities, the price will vary dependent upon the purpose, scale, level of functionality and degree of finish and/or customisation.
Please review the following variations in advance to determine which is closest to your requirements.
In every case, I will provide a written proposal with pricing details after we have a detailed briefing.
I urge you to obtain multiple proposals and quotes, taking care to provide the same briefing to all parties.
Please note: Third-party content and service prices will be additional, provided by the relevant parties, eg. photography, writing, illustration, SEO expertise and so on.
As a guide, the average price for the design and production of a simple website with CMS (eg. WordPress CMS) is $4500 ex GST.
Price range from $3000 to $6000 ex GST
What you get for the price
- Briefing directly with the designer (me)
- One point of contact (me)
- Written Proposal (approx 8 pages of detail)
- Access to online Project management system
- Information Architecture design
- Graphic design
- Graphic design integration with CMS and HTML/CSS frameworks
- Responsive design to suit tablet and mobile devices
- Content input*
- 3 hours complementary authors corrections
- If required, arrangement of web hosting*
- Installation and configuration on hosted server
- If required, setup of email accounts with web host, and supply settings for your email client (eg. Microsoft Outlook of Apple Mail)*
- CMS training in your common tasks
- Split payments across multiple invoices, typically one-third at startup, one-third midway and the remainder upon successful upload and launch of live site once we agree everything is complete.
* Price ranges up or down dependent on:
- the complexity of the information design and graphic design,
- the amount of pages to be built,
- the amount of images to be optimised,
- and amount of galleries required, and
- whether I am required to arrange website hosting and email setup.
** Additional support invoiced on an ‘as needed’ annual basis, typically $100 per hour.